Cranberry sauce provides a pop of shade and tangy zing to any Thanksgiving unfold. Downside is, cranberries are naturally fairly bitter on their very own, and the sweetness you style in most recipes normally comes from extra sugar than a can of soda.
In case you’re going to take pleasure in sweets, reserve it for dessert. This cranberry sauce recipe is sweetened with applesauce, with the choice to make use of maple syrup, honey, or your favourite pure sweetener if you wish to tone down the tartness.
It’s straightforward to make, and certain the quickest recipe you’ll make on your complete Thanksgiving celebration. Right here’s the best way to do it.
Cranberry Sauce Recipe with No Added Sugar
Time within the kitchen: 15 minutes
- 18 oz. contemporary cranberries (we love Honestly Cranberry)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- three Tbsp. contemporary squeezed orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- Zest from ½ orange
- 1/Eight tsp. floor cinnamon
- 1/Eight tsp. floor cloves
- 1/Eight tsp. floor ginger
Place the cranberries and water in a pot and warmth over medium warmth.
Combine within the applesauce, orange juice, honey, and orange zest.
When the pot involves a boil, scale back it to a simmer and stir within the floor cloves and ginger and the cinnamon.
Enable the sauce to simmer for round 12 minutes, stirring sometimes, till the sauce reaches the consistency of your liking. Style the sauce sometimes and regulate the sweetener to style.
Serve this cranberry sauce alongside your favourite meat or vacation meal. It’s additionally scrumptious as a decrease sugar candy choice when paired with a little bit of coconut cream, darkish chocolate or contemporary whipped cream.
– If the cranberry sauce is just too tart for you as written, be at liberty so as to add extra honey. You possibly can additionally use maple syrup.
– Relying on the energy of your range high burner and the dimensions of your cranberries, it’s possible you’ll want a little bit kind of time for the sauce to complete cooking.
Diet Info (1/Eight of recipe):
- Energy: 60
- Fats: 0g
- Complete Carbs: 13g
- Internet Carbs: 10g
- Protein: 0g