Crispy on the skin, tender on the within, coconut shrimp is an ideal appetizer or predominant occasion for any again patio supper.
Final-minute seafood cravings? No drawback. This coconut shrimp recipe comes collectively in much less time than it might take to choose up take out. It’s ready within the oven as a substitute of the standard pan-fry technique, which creates a crunchy coating with hands-off prepare dinner time and straightforward cleanup.
Let’s get began.
Crispy Grain-free Coconut Shrimp Recipe
Time within the kitchen: 12 minutes, as much as 20 minutes if you must peel and devein your shrimp
- 1 lb. peeled and deveined shrimp (we used dimension 16-20 shrimp per lb)
- ½ cup finely shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 6 Tbsp. positive almond flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 massive egg
- Primal Kitchen® Cocktail Sauce
Rinse your shrimp and pat dry. Preheat your oven to 400 levels Fahrenheit and arrange a sheet pan with a baking rack on prime of it.
In a bowl, mix the shredded coconut, almond flour and spices. Whisk your egg right into a second bowl.
Dredge the shrimp within the egg, after which rigorously toss them into the coconut combination. Use a fork or spoon to rigorously transfer the breaded shrimp from the bowl to the baking rack. Proceed doing this till all the shrimp are coated.
Bake the shrimp for about 6-Eight minutes, or till the shrimp is pink and opaque. Serve instantly with Primal Kitchen Cocktail Sauce and luxuriate in!
- We used massive wild-caught shrimp for this recipe (about 16-20 shrimp per pound), however you’ll be able to experiment with utilizing smaller shrimp in case you’d like. It’s possible you’ll want to regulate cooking time barely relying on the dimensions of your shrimp – shorter cooking time for smaller shrimp, longer cooking time for bigger shrimp or prawns.
- We like to purchase uncooked shrimp that has the shells and tails on. It takes only some minutes to peel and devein them. The simplest method to do that is to arrange just a few bowls of water. In a single, peel the shrimp. Then transfer the shrimp over to the second bowl. Run your knife rigorously down the again of the shrimp vertically and scoop out the vein. Then rinse the shrimp within the bowl of water to take away any residual vein or shell.
- You possibly can freeze the shells in a freezer bag and use them to make shrimp inventory later.
Diet Info (per ¼ of recipe):
Complete Carbs: 5 grams
Internet Carbs: Four grams
Fats: 15 grams
Protein: 28 grams