This French Apple Cinnamon Tea recipe requires cinnamon, apples, and honey, offering slightly crispness with a splash of sweetness and a splash of heat. Positive feels like autumn in a cup to me!
The healthful vitamins in apples embrace beta-carotene, nutritional vitamins C and B, calcium, phosphorus, boron, polyphenols, and pectin (Mars, 2004). As a result of apples are typically cooling, you’ll be able to add warming spices, equivalent to cinnamon (Cinnamomum verum), ginger (Zingiber officinale), and cloves (Syzygium aromaticum) to counter the cooling property (McIntyre, 2002). Apple cinnamon tea makes for a nutritious, flavorful fall beverage.
French Apple Cinnamon Tea
- Four sliced natural apples
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons domestically sourced honey
- 1 teaspoon floor cinnamon (Cinnamomum verum) bark
- Wash, peel, and slice apples and place in a big pot on the stovetop.
- Pour two cups of water (extra if wanted to fully cowl apples) into the pot.
- Simmer the apples and water collectively over low warmth till the apples are gentle.
- Fastidiously take away from warmth.
- Go by means of a strainer to separate liquid from the apple solids.
- Add the honey and cinnamon to the remaining liquid and stir effectively.
- Sit again and luxuriate in whereas it’s nonetheless heat and steaming.
Typically we tend to over-complicate recipes and substances. This French Apple Cinnamon tea is a straightforward, crisp option to admire nature’s bounty with out overthinking the small print.
Right here’s one other recipe utilizing leftover apples, that’s brief and candy. You may even incorporate the stable apples left over from the tea recipe!
For extra harvest time apple recipes, try:
Harvest Time Apple Recipes
Healthy Caramel Apples
Herbal Apple Cider Recipe with Cinnamon, Chamomile, and Astragalus
Easy Cinnamon Homemade Applesauce
Brazier, Y. (2020). What are the well being advantages of cinnamon? [Online Article]. Retrieved from https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/266069
Justis, A. (2015). Harvest Time Apple Recipes [Blog article]. Retrieved from https://theherbalacademy.com/harvest-time-apple-recipes/
Mars, B. (2004). Rawsome. Laguna Seaside, CA: Fundamental Well being Publications.
McIntyre, A. (2000). Drink to your health. New York, NY: Fireplace Books.