There’s simply one thing cozy about autumn aromas coming from the oven by day, culminating with steaming plate of home-cooked consolation meals. Even for those who’re laying low for the vacations this yr, you possibly can re-create your favourite household recipes that carry you again house with each chunk. No Thanksgiving unfold is full with out candy potatoes or yams, and this Gluten Free Candy Potato Souffle Recipe delivers the creamy, candy expertise with out all the sugar that conventional recipes name for.
This recipe requires small quantities of coconut sugar and maple syrup so that you just get the autumn flavors you crave, with out the sugar crash later.
Right here’s learn how to make it.
Gluten-free Candy Potato Souffle Recipe
Time within the kitchen: 60 minutes, together with 35 minutes baking time
For the souffle
- 6 medium/massive candy potatoes (mine have been 6-8” lengthy)
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1/four cup almond milk (I used Elmhurst1925 model)
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour (I used Bob’s Purple Mill Model)
- 2 tbsp. almond flour
- 1-2 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Three egg yolks
- four room temperature egg whites
For the pecan topping
- 1.25 cups pecans – some halved, some crumbled
- Three tbsp. very gentle salted butter or ghee
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp. almond flour
- 1.5 tbsp. coconut sugar
Preheat your oven to 375 levels Fahrenheit. Slice the candy potatoes in half and toss them in avocado oil. Place them cut-side down on a baking dish or baking sheet and roast for about 50-60 minutes, or till they’re gentle.
Whereas the candy potatoes are roasting, make the pecan topping. Place the pecans in a bowl together with the butter, half of the almond flour and coconut sugar. Combine to mix so the butter coats the pecans and a crumble kinds. Gently fold within the remaining almond flour.
Permit the candy potatoes to chill just a little, then scoop the insides out right into a meals processor. Add the almond milk, maple syrup, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract and pulse to mix.
Then add the cinnamon, coconut flour, almond flour and salt and mix. Add the egg yolks and mix till easy. Pour the candy potato combination into a big bowl.
Whip the room temperature egg whites in a glass or metallic bowl utilizing a whisk or stand mixer till they begin to get frothy (see the Ideas part for tips about whipping your egg whites.) Hold whisking till gentle peaks kind.
Gently fold the egg whites just a little at a time into the candy potato combination till they’re integrated evenly into the candy potatoes.
Unfold the candy potato combination right into a flippantly greased 9×13 baking dish.
Sprinkle the pecan combination all around the prime.
Cut back the oven warmth to 350 levels and bake for about 35 minutes, or till the candy potato feels agency but springy.
Permit the souffle to chill for a couple of minutes earlier than serving.
- You should utilize your favourite milk in lieu of the almond milk.
- For the pecans, use pecan halves and crumble 1/3-1/2 of them and go away the remainder of the pecans complete.
- Whipping the egg whites: This provides the souffle a lightweight and ethereal texture. Separate the whites from the yolks after which let the egg whites come to room temperature. Whisk the egg whites in a glass or metallic bowl (not plastic.) Be certain that your bowl and whisk are each clear and Very dry. Any moisture will intrude with getting peaks. Whip them with a whisk till peaks kind after which slowly fold them into the candy potato combination.
- For a much less candy souffle, be at liberty to cut back the maple syrup or coconut sugar or change it with a sugar substitute. The pecan topping advantages from a granular sweetener so I don’t suggest omitting it.
- I haven’t tried this with something apart from candy potatoes, however I think about it could even be nice with acorn or butternut squash. Purpose for about 6-Eight cups of roasted squash.
Diet Data (? of recipe)
Complete Carbs: 37g
Web Carbs: 30g