It was a full moon day, so I made a decision to create natural pancakes and cookies impressed by the moon. That is how I typically begin my kitchen creations. Intuitively, I select from my assortment of pure components. I’m impressed by nature and I wish to create from feeling. I hardly ever observe recipes.
Colours are essential in my work. I like to make use of pure, botanical merchandise like beetroot powder, aronia powder, and spirulina to realize vibrant shade with out compromising on well being. In these Moon Natural Pancakes and Moon-Impressed Cookie recipes, I blended in cacao and turmeric to supply brown and yellow colours, brown representing the darkish facet of the moon and yellow representing the sunshine facet.
As I discussed earlier, my kitchen creations are intuitive, clever, and never inflexible. To offer you an impression and information as to make the moon bakings, listed below are my recipes.
Moon Natural Pancakes
300 grams buckwheat flour
2 tablespoons egg substitute
500 mL rice milk
½ tablespoon of the beetroot, aronia, or spirulina powders for every pancake
Cacao powder for coloring
Turmeric (Curcuma longa) rhizome powder for coloring
- Warmth a frying pan on a low warmth.
- Combine the components in a big bowl.
- Divide the batter into 2 elements and add a bit of the cacao to 1 and a little turmeric to the opposite. Use as a lot as you want to create refined or vibrant shade.
- Put a little bit of vegan butter and 1/eight of the batter onto the pan.
- Prepare dinner for two minutes earlier than fastidiously flipping the pancake. Prepare dinner for an additional 2 minutes on the opposite facet.
Repeat with the remainder of the batter.
120 grams plant-based butter
70 grams cane sugar
1 tablespoons vanilla extract
100 grams almond flour
100 grams wheat flour
Pinch of salt
Cocao powder for coloring
- Combine the plant-based butter, cane sugar, and vanilla extract till it turns into a bit creamy.
- Add the almond flour, wheat flour, and a pinch of salt.
- Knead right into a agency dough.
- Divide dough in half and add cacao powder to half the dough till desired shade is achieved.
Roll the dough right into a roll and wrap it in foil.
Place the roll of dough within the fridge for not less than an hour in order that it could relaxation.
- Flatten the dough and lower out the shapes of the present moon cycle.
Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes at 180° C (prime and backside warmth), or till the sides are mild brown.
As a photographer I painting individuals of their pure essence. Additionally, in my work there’s a pure contact to issues, each within the method and in the subject material. For instance, I like to draw animals and people reunited—simply how I wish to think about them to be. In addition to utilizing my digicam and paint as a medium, I create with ceramics. And I not too long ago began weaving.
Though I categorical myself by means of varied strategies and mediums, all my work has one thing in frequent—a uncooked, pure, and pure look. Nature is my biggest inspiration. This comes by means of in my cooking as effectively. I like to create artisanal meals artwork with pure components and pure coloring. Generally I depart the method to probability, so nature can reveal her signature in form and shade. On prime of the creative and culinary qualities of meals, I’m studying extra concerning the natural properties of crops. The presentation of the meals—ideally by myself handmade ceramics—and the images of my culinary creations—kind the ultimate outcome.
This recipe and images comes from Lieke Romeijn (@liekeromeijn).
Specialist in: Artisanal meals artwork
Location: The Netherlands, College of the humanities, St. Joost, Breda